Well, I bit the bullet and finally figured it out, with some trial and error.
I wanted to move jails from bluePool to ssdPool
- logged out from the UI (don’t know if it played a part, thought to be safe)
- iocage stop ALL
- zfs unmount -f bluePool/iocage
- zfs snapshot -r bluePool/[email protected]
- zfs send -R bluePool/[email protected] | zfs receive -v ssdPool/iocage
- iocage clean -a
- zfs destroy -rf bluePool/iocage
- iocage activate ssdPool
- zfs destroy -r ssdPool/[email protected]
- zfs set mountpoint=none ssdPool/iocage/download
- zfs set mountpoint=/ssdPool/iocage/download ssdPool/iocage/download
Last couple of commands were needed because when I issued
Please set a mountpoint on ssdPool/iocage/download
and I could not set the mountpoint just using the second command, I had to clean it up first (can’t tell if it was “locked” somehow by the previous setup, don’t know that much about FreeBSD).
Then I had to manually edit all the fstab for my jails
iocage fstab -e jail_name
and replace bluePool/iocage with ssdPool/iocage
That’s all. I logged in to the UI, started my jails/plugins and everything worked fine.
Hope it helps someone and if anyone has any idea why the iocage/download mountpoint failed to “migrate”, please let me know.